Are you tasked with sourcing legal services and managing supplier relationships?
Become part of the client-side community
The Buying Legal Council is the international trade organization for professionals tasked with sourcing legal services and managing supplier relationships. Our members work on the client side, hold procurement, operations or other in-house positions at their organizations. Members at every stage in their career benefit from participating in the Buying Legal Council.
We support you through advocacy, networking, education, research, and information.
Joining the Buying Legal Council will enhance your professional training, give you access to practical resources, and connect you with your peers.
You will add more value to your organization and improve your performance by learning from others and their best practices, and avoid reinventing the wheel.
Join the Buying Legal Council today and you will benefit in multiple ways:
- Opportunity to learn from and share with other professionals in similar roles
- In-person and online forums for the exchange of ideas, insight, and knowledge
- Access to our LinkedIn group
Education & Insights
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Educational material to make your job easier
- Access to proprietary and relevant research
Working & Interest Groups
- Join our working groups and get invited to our interest groups and share your thoughts, learn from others, and deepen your insights through focused peer discussions. The working groups also work on developing best practices for legal procurement.
- “Best Practices” calls: Experts present on a variety of relevant topics, such as RFPs, fee arrangements, negotiating with law firms.
- “Legal Procurement 101” calls: Seasoned legal procurement professionals are available to answer your questions during these hour-long “open mic” sessions.
- Access to the Member Resources: best practices “Cheat Sheets,” primers, templates, conference call slides and recordings, conference slides, and other useful material on legal procurement.
- Access to the Buying Legal Council’s career center.
Download our member benefits flyer.
Ready to join?Be a part of the greater community of those buying legal services: stay on top of your profession, become more productive, learn about industry best practices, share solutions, network with your peers, celebrate successes, and advance your business and your career: Join the Buying Legal Council® today and become a member of our community.
Membership in the Buying Legal Council® is open to anyone working on the client side: in legal procurement, operations, the legal department at large or other in-house positions.
- Individual Annual Membership is US$200
- Corporate Annual Membership is US$550
Membership is twelve months from the day you sign up.
Individual memberships stay with the member, even if he/she changes employer. Conference call participation is limited to the individual member and does not extend to his/her colleagues.
Corporate memberships include up to 10 team members worldwide.
Sign up here
Do you work for a law firm, legal services provider,
consultancy or software company?
If you work for a law firm, legal services provider, a software company that sells to buyers of legal services, or consult law firms or sellers of legal services, you will not be able to join us as a member--instead, you can become a Friend of the Buying Legal Council. Click here for more information. You can join us at our conferences or our Legal Procurement Dialogue calls and sponsor or host our conferences.
Important for all-Buying Legal Council Code of Conduct and Antitrust information:
At our conferences, conference calls, and meetings, we only use information that is in the public domain and:
- Do not discuss past, current or future prices.
- Do not discuss what is a fair profit level.
- Do not discuss an increase or decrease in price.
- Do not discuss standardizing or stabilizing prices.
- Do not discuss refusing to deal with a firm because of its pricing practices.