Welcome to the Buying Legal Council's Career page. Member and Friend organizations are welcome to post their job openings, individual job seekers are invited to post their profiles.
All others, please contact us to learn more.
New Career Opportunities
NEW: GOLDBERG SEGALLA Legal Budgeting and Pricing Manager
The Goldberg Segalla Legal Budgeting and Pricing Manager role is accountable for enhancing the firm’s ability to:
- Create and manage matter and portfolio budgets
- Develop and implement pricing strategies with a focus on alternative fee arrangements
- Deliver litigated cases efficiently and cost effectively via the use of legal project
management techniques and analytics.
Budgeting and Pricing
- Provide advice and counsel to attorneys in connection with the development, evaluation,
- and execution of task-based matter budgets and alternative fee arrangements.
- Conduct budget variance and other analyses to monitor the performance of in-flight
- matters. Work with firm leadership to develop and implement strategies to enhance
- service delivery.
- Partner with practice group leaders to design, develop and implement customized
- budgeting and pricing solutions that meet our clients’ specific business needs.
Case Analysis and Operational Efficiency
- Conduct and present detailed analyses of historical billing data. Identify and implement
- solutions that leverages various data sources to improve the firm’s matter planning and
- budgeting operations.
- Serve as the lead product manager for the firm’s matter budgeting, monitoring and
- reporting platforms. Duties to include, but not limited to: roadmap development,
- requirements gathering, workflow redesign, testing, user training and user adoption.
- Work with client relationship partners and other firm leaders to effectively use matter
- budget analytics to enhance client stewardship meetings and other client interactions.
- 7+ years of experience in pricing, budgeting, estimating, project management, and financial analysis for law firms or other professional services organizations.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and managing task based litigation budgets.
- Experience with commercial property and casualty insurance matters is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and managing alternative fee arrangements (e.g. flat fee, capped fee, success fee, etc.) for professional services firms is required. Significant law firm experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience using industry standard matter planning, budgeting, pricing and reporting software platforms at a law firm or other professional services firm is preferred.
- Recent experience in designing and analyzing business intelligence reports is required.
- Knowledge of key law firm performance metrics is preferred.
- Recent experience in redesigning and implementing new budgeting and/or pricing processes is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with proven abilities in conducting the following analyses is required: budget variance, trending, outlier.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or relevant field is required. A post graduate degree in the above fields is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
- Advanced executive presentation skills.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Ability to constantly display Goldberg Segalla’s values.
Click here to apply.
JOHNSON & JOHNSON Senior Manager - Category Lead, Legal Services
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager – Category Lead, Legal Service in New Brunswick NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager-Category Lead, Legal Services will be responsible for leading a Procurement organization in support of approximately $750 million in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This spend is medium complexity in nature and requires a collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
This individual will provide Global and Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for specific categories of spend that will effectively meet the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
- Interface directly with Law Firms and their Partners as well as CEO’s and other supplier leadership of companies to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs
- Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier negotiations
- Ensure execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, agreement implementation and performance against established targets
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- Conduct performance reviews/serve as People Manager for Subordinate Leads
- Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global Procurement Leadership
- Manage & prioritize portfolio of Procurement segment (Pharm, MD&D and/or Consumer) specific initiatives
- Describe important tasks or duties, not mentioned above, that are performed infrequently and are not critical to accomplishing the essential functions of the job
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position
- A Master’s degree in Legal/Legal Sourcing or Juris Doctorate degree is preferred
- This position requires a minimum of 8 years of relative business experience.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management) is required.
- This position requires prior People Management and Talent Development experience
- Ability to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary is required.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues is required
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with J&J senior Management is required
- Ability to show strategic thinking is required
- Prior Project Management experience is required
- Ability to continuously improve the organization is required
- Experience in Legal Sourcing or working with or within law firms is a preferred.
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community is preferred
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain) is preferred
- This position will require up to 20% domestic and international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Click here to apply
DENTONS Global Strategic Pricing Manager
The Firm is currently recruiting for a Global Strategic Pricing Manager. This position will play a critical role in
advancing the Global Strategic Pricing team’s responsibilities and will contribute significantly towards the Firm's
overall growth and service delivery objectives. The Global Strategic Pricing Manager will report to the Director,
Strategic Initiatives (Global) and supports a variety of global pricing, profitability and client service initiatives.
- Development of global pricing models, datasets and policy guidelines (e.g., profitability metrics, price escalation thresholds, warehouse of pricing information, etc.)
- Work with, and deliver excellent client service to, a variety of key stakeholders to support the development of profitable pricing solutions in response to client RFPs and informal pricing requests
- Support global pricing data integration and project management
- Perform sophisticated analysis and predictive price and profitability modeling
- Provide leadership in the development and evaluation of alternative fee arrangements, with appropriate consideration of quantitative and qualitative criteria
- Ensure fee proposals are consistent with the Firm's global strategic goals and appropriately capture value
- Deliver excellent customer service in response to client, lawyer, professional and business services requests
- Develop and proliferate best practices, tools, templates, and reference materials
- Complete post mortem assessments and recommend process improvements as appropriate
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field. MBA and/or Law Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of commercial or financial experience with demonstrated growth in scope of responsibilities, ideally within a consulting, professional services or law firm environment
- Minimum of 3 years of specific strategic financial, pricing analysis, reporting and/or project management experience in a law firm or a professional services firm
- Recognized change and project management experience including in-depth understanding of data analysis, financial planning, pricing and process improvement.
- Financial or commercial experience within a comparable professional services or management consulting environment
- Preferred experience:
o Quantitative-focused roles
o In-house legal department, procurement and/or consulting background
- Strong commercial / business acumen, with the ability to understand the larger context surrounding pricing approaches and translate those into a body of knowledge that helps shape the Firm's pricing strategy in the US and globally
- Advanced level of expertise in financial modeling and spreadsheet functionality is required. Candidate must be skilled in data interrogation and data visualization in order present findings to firm management based on analyses.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and complete work within given time constraints.
- Detail oriented, be able to exercise sound judgment and possess the confidence and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with the Firm’s senior management, lawyers, professionals and business staff
- Self-motivated person with a positive and professional attitude, with a progressive, consistent work history and excellent references
- Possess ability to build relationships and foster a collaborative environment with all stakeholders
- Able to recommend best practices to improve processes and procedures
- Communicate in a manner that demonstrates experience and a grasp of the strategic intent of a subject matter
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Affirmative Action Employer.
Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please click here for more information and to apply.