Welcome to the Buying Legal Council's Career page. Member and Friend organizations are welcome to post their job openings, individual job seekers are invited to post their profiles.
All others, please contact us to learn more.
New Career Opportunities
NEW: GOLDBERG SEGALLA Legal Budgeting and Pricing Manager
The Goldberg Segalla Legal Budgeting and Pricing Manager role is accountable for enhancing the firm’s ability to:
- Create and manage matter and portfolio budgets
- Develop and implement pricing strategies with a focus on alternative fee arrangements
- Deliver litigated cases efficiently and cost effectively via the use of legal project
management techniques and analytics.
Budgeting and Pricing
- Provide advice and counsel to attorneys in connection with the development, evaluation,
- and execution of task-based matter budgets and alternative fee arrangements.
- Conduct budget variance and other analyses to monitor the performance of in-flight
- matters. Work with firm leadership to develop and implement strategies to enhance
- service delivery.
- Partner with practice group leaders to design, develop and implement customized
- budgeting and pricing solutions that meet our clients’ specific business needs.
Case Analysis and Operational Efficiency
- Conduct and present detailed analyses of historical billing data. Identify and implement
- solutions that leverages various data sources to improve the firm’s matter planning and
- budgeting operations.
- Serve as the lead product manager for the firm’s matter budgeting, monitoring and
- reporting platforms. Duties to include, but not limited to: roadmap development,
- requirements gathering, workflow redesign, testing, user training and user adoption.
- Work with client relationship partners and other firm leaders to effectively use matter
- budget analytics to enhance client stewardship meetings and other client interactions.
- 7+ years of experience in pricing, budgeting, estimating, project management, and financial analysis for law firms or other professional services organizations.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and managing task based litigation budgets.
- Experience with commercial property and casualty insurance matters is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and managing alternative fee arrangements (e.g. flat fee, capped fee, success fee, etc.) for professional services firms is required. Significant law firm experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience using industry standard matter planning, budgeting, pricing and reporting software platforms at a law firm or other professional services firm is preferred.
- Recent experience in designing and analyzing business intelligence reports is required.
- Knowledge of key law firm performance metrics is preferred.
- Recent experience in redesigning and implementing new budgeting and/or pricing processes is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with proven abilities in conducting the following analyses is required: budget variance, trending, outlier.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or relevant field is required. A post graduate degree in the above fields is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
- Advanced executive presentation skills.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Ability to constantly display Goldberg Segalla’s values.
Click here to apply.
JOHNSON & JOHNSON Senior Manager - Category Lead, Legal Services
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager – Category Lead, Legal Service in New Brunswick NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager-Category Lead, Legal Services will be responsible for leading a Procurement organization in support of approximately $750 million in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This spend is medium complexity in nature and requires a collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
This individual will provide Global and Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for specific categories of spend that will effectively meet the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
- Interface directly with Law Firms and their Partners as well as CEO’s and other supplier leadership of companies to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs
- Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier negotiations
- Ensure execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, agreement implementation and performance against established targets
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- Conduct performance reviews/serve as People Manager for Subordinate Leads
- Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global Procurement Leadership
- Manage & prioritize portfolio of Procurement segment (Pharm, MD&D and/or Consumer) specific initiatives
- Describe important tasks or duties, not mentioned above, that are performed infrequently and are not critical to accomplishing the essential functions of the job
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position
- A Master’s degree in Legal/Legal Sourcing or Juris Doctorate degree is preferred
- This position requires a minimum of 8 years of relative business experience.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management) is required.
- This position requires prior People Management and Talent Development experience
- Ability to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary is required.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues is required
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with J&J senior Management is required
- Ability to show strategic thinking is required
- Prior Project Management experience is required
- Ability to continuously improve the organization is required
- Experience in Legal Sourcing or working with or within law firms is a preferred.
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community is preferred
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain) is preferred
- This position will require up to 20% domestic and international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Click here to apply